A woman identifying herself as the mother of Naysha Dayshawnna Jackson, one of two women killed in a crash in Ellicott City over the weekend, said a preliminary police conclusion — that her daughter was driving on the wrong side of Route 100 — is incorrect.

The mother posted a video on her daughter’s X account (formerly known as Twitter) on Monday, showing where the accident took place. In the caption, she wrote, “#Justice$Naysha Naysha was never on the wrong side of the rode!!! [sic] Naysha’s car was hit from the back & the impact spent her car around! Stop believing everything ya’ll see !!!!”

Lori Boone, a police spokesperson, said in an email, “We’ve seen a thread on X. Preliminary investigation of on-scene evidence indicates the Acura was traveling the wrong direction.”

Police did not elaborate further about the social media posts.

The Baltimore Banner thanks its sponsors. Become one.

The mother’s video had been viewed 5.1 million times on X as of Wednesday evening.

Around 2 a.m. Sunday, police said, a 2021 Acura RDX was traveling the wrong way on westbound Route 100 near Snowden River Parkway, when it was struck by a 2010 Subaru Forester and a 2004 Lincoln Town Car.

Jackson, 29, of Ellicott City, was in the Acura, while Dawn Cathylee Eden, 60, of Columbia, was in the Subaru. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. Jackson was not wearing her seat belt, according to a preliminary investigation.

The driver of the Lincoln was not injured.

In the days since the wreck, Howard County police have largely kept mum on additional details.

The Baltimore Banner thanks its sponsors. Become one.

Asked if police were investigating the accident as an alcohol-related incident, Boone replied, “Investigators are looking into all possible contributing factors.”

In 2022, Jackson was charged with “exceeding posted maximum speed limit: 100 MPH in a posted 50 MPH zone,” according to court case documents. The incident occurred on March 19, 2022, at 2:06 a.m. Jackson pleaded guilty and was convicted of driving 59 mph.

Families of the deceased did not return messages to a reporter from The Baltimore Banner.

Asked if there was any additional information police could provide Wednesday, Boone said no.

More From The Banner