The Baltimore Fire Department is investigating a gas leak, an explosion at a house and a power line that caught fire Saturday in south Baltimore.
Units arrived at the 1500 block of Ridgley Street around 9 a.m. and firefighters found flames coming from the sidewalk.
Baltimore City Fire spokesman Kevin Cartwright said an electrical power line caught fire as the natural gas leaked from underground.
“At some point in time, there was an explosion that took place preliminary believed to be as a result of the natural gas that was emitting underground,” Cartwright said, adding no injuries have been reported.
Talon Sachs, a BGE spokesperson, said that a full investigation of “the matter has yet to be completed” as they work in full partnership with BCFD.
No injuries were reported, Cartwright said.