Terms of Sale for Digital Products
These Terms of Sale set out the terms and conditions between you, the subscriber, and The Baltimore Banner (“us”, “we”), governing the use of our website and our downloadable digital recordings and streaming digital products including the content therein (the “Digital Products”). Your use of our website, and purchase, download and use of our Digital Products, constitutes your full acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not use our website or purchase, download or use any of our Digital Products.
The term "Digital Product" refers to paid Digital Products available from The Baltimore Banner, including both The Baltimore Banner digital subscriptions and one-time purchases.
- Auto-Renewing Subscription: Your Digital Products subscription will auto-renew at the end of the billing cycle stated at the time of your order (“Billing Period”) unless and until you cancel your subscription, or we terminate it. You can view your next scheduled payment by visiting our website and clicking on My Account. You may not receive a notice from us that any promotional period has ended or that your subscription has automatically renewed.
- Payment Method: You can pay for your subscription with a major credit card, Apple Pay or PayPal (“Payment Method”). We will process your purchase promptly, but there may be a delay in the activation of your product while payment details are verified. Only credit cards, Apple Pay or PayPal are eligible for payment. We reserve the right to reject any order or purchase at any time. We do not accept debit cards as a Payment Method. Please do not sign up for a subscription by entering a debit card in the credit card option. You may edit your Payment Method information by visiting our website and clicking on the My Account link. If your payment is unsuccessful for any reason, including expiration, insufficient funds, or is otherwise invalid, we reserve the right to terminate your subscription; you will remain responsible for all charges.
- Recurring Billing: By placing an order for a subscription, you authorize us to charge the subscription fee then in effect at the beginning of each Billing Period, plus applicable taxes, to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount charged each Billing Period may vary for reasons that may include price changes, changing your subscription, or changes in applicable taxes, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amount each Billing Period. Applicable taxes may vary. We automatically bill your Payment Method for the following Billing Period on the first day of that Billing Period. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, particularly in the event your Payment Method has not successfully settled. If your Payment Method is declined for a recurring payment of your subscription fee, you have fourteen (14) days to provide a new Payment Method, or your subscription will be canceled. We reserve the right to change our subscription fee from time to time.
- Billing Period: We will charge the initial subscription fee at the start of your subscription, and automatically on the first day of each Billing Period thereafter unless and until your subscription is cancelled.
- Pricing: We reserve the right to change subscription fees for any of our subscriptions at any time. We will notify you of any changes if the regular fee for your subscription changes from what was stated at the time of your initial order. You will have an opportunity to cancel your subscription at that time. If you do not cancel your subscription, you will be charged the new subscription fee at your next Billing Period.
- One-Time Purchase: When you purchase a stand-alone product, such as a gift subscription, we will charge your Payment Method at the time of purchase.
Cancellations and Refunds:
- Cancellations: You can cancel your subscription at any time by contacting our Customer Care team. Cancellations are effective the following billing cycle. You can only cancel future charges associated with your subscription, and you will not receive a refund for the current Billing Period (unless you cancelled within 30 days of making an inaugural annual subscription). Your cancellation will become effective at the end of your current Billing Period, and you will continue to have access to your subscription and related benefits for the balance of the Billing Period.
- Third Party Purchase: Purchases of a Digital Product subscription through a third party (for example, an app store), are subject to that third party’s cancellation policies and procedures.
Refunds and Chargebacks::
- Monthly Subscriptions: Payments for monthly subscriptions are non-refundable, and there are no refunds or credits for partially used Billing Periods. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
- Annual Subscription: Payment for an inaugural annual subscription is fully refundable during the first 30 days of the Billing Period only. Payment for subsequent annual renewal subscriptions is non-refundable, and there is no refund or credit for a partially used Billing Period. We reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future.
- It is your responsibility to keep your primary email address up to date. You can change your primary email address on the “My Account” page. You agree that electronic communications sent to a primary email address that is incorrect, out of date, blocked by your service provider, or cannot be received due to your failure to maintain the system requirements, will be deemed to have been provided to you. If an electronic communication is returned to us because your email address becomes invalid, we may deem your subscription to be inactive, and you will not be able to use the Digital Products until we receive a valid, working primary email address from you.
License and Use
Your purchase of one of our Digital Products constitutes our granting to you of a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to download and/or access that Digital Product for the purpose of your own personal use and reference, and in the case of downloadable digital products, print or convert the product to an image or vector format for your own storage, retention and reference (the “purpose”). You agree that under no circumstances shall you use, or permit to be used, any Digital Product other than for the aforesaid purpose. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not copy, re-sell, sublicense, rent out, share or otherwise distribute any of our Digital Products, whether modified or not, to any third party. You agree not to use any of our Digital Products in a way which might be detrimental to us or damage our reputation.
The Digital Products, whether modified or not, and all intellectual property and copyright contained therein, are and shall at all times remain our sole and exclusive property. You agree that under no circumstances, whether the product has been modified or not, shall you have or attempt to claim ownership of any intellectual property rights or copyright in the product.
You can contact us by visiting our Customer Care page.
Effective May 2, 2022