Two people, one of them a child, died in a crash involving four cars Wednesday morning in Baltimore, according to the Baltimore City fire and police departments.

Units responded around 7:30 a.m. to the crash at the 3500 block of Belair Road, BCFD spokesperson Kevin Cartwright said. Investigators believe one vehicle struck three others in the crash, and speed was a factor.

A child was pronounced dead at the scene, Cartwright said. A second person who was trapped inside of a vehicle was later pronounced dead, Baltimore Police said.

The child who did not survive was pulled from the car by a pastor from a nearby church, Cartwright said.

The Baltimore Banner thanks its sponsors. Become one.

Three more people were transported to area hospitals, but the severity of their injuries was not immediately clear.

The identities of the child and the other person who died were not immediately released Wednesday.

Jerome McFadden first walked up to the crash when this happened.

“I saw one gentleman pulling somebody out of the car and when I saw that, I knew the person was gone,” McFadden told WJZ. “I just ran back home, tears were in my eyes, [I saw the victim] was a child. I couldn’t deal with that.”

WJZ is a media partner of The Baltimore Banner.

More From The Banner