An 18-year-old and his 14-year-old brother have been arrested and charged in the fatal shooting of a T-Mobile employee in what police described as “a robbery gone wrong” at the phone company’s Canton store.

Arthur McCaden was arrested just after noon on Thursday in the 5200 block of Saint Charles Avenue, police said. He’s been charged with first-degree murder, second-degree murder, first-degree assault and a series of weapons offenses, according to online court records.

Late Thursday, police said a 14-year-old had also been charged. The younger teen, who police confirmed was McCaden’s brother, was not identified.

Fabian Sanchez-Gonzalez was shot last Sunday during an armed robbery at the store in the 2500 block of Boston Street and died Monday afternoon, according to police.

The Baltimore Banner thanks its sponsors. Become one.

McCaden fired a single shot with a semi-automatic weapon and hit Sanchez-Gonzalez in the chest, according to charging documents. When police arrived, they found Sanchez-Gonzalez sitting in a chair “complaining of pain in his chest area.”

Last Sunday, two males entered the store and announced a robbery around 6:20 p.m., police said.

During the robbery, one of the males shot Sanchez-Gonzalez and then demanded the property of several people in the store. Both males fled on foot.

Sanchez-Gonzalez was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center for treatment and was initially listed in critical and unstable condition. Just before 5 p.m. on Monday, Sanchez-Gonzalez died at the hospital.

The Baltimore Banner thanks its sponsors. Become one.

A detective from the Baltimore County Robbery Unit identified McCaden, who was wearing a blue tracksuit, according to charging documents. An additional witness also identified the teen.

In an emailed statement Tuesday, a spokesperson for T-Mobile said the company takes “the safety of employees seriously and will do everything we can to support our third-party retailer as this investigation continues.”

“This is a tragic situation, and we continue to send our condolences to the friends, family and co-workers of the employee whose life was cut short,” the spokesperson said.

This story has been updated to correct the spelling of Fabian Sanchez-Gonzalez's last name.

More From The Banner