Customer Care FAQs
Welcome to The Banner’s Customer Care Help Center. Below you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions we receive about The Banner’s products and services.
How do I stay logged in to the website?
Sometimes you may be logged out if you’re browsing in a private browser window or have enabled certain security settings. If you’re repeatedly asked to log into the website, verify the following:
• Download the mobile app. Our mobile app is free to download and alleviates many of the most common login issues, especially when browsing on mobile devices. We also think it’s one of the best ways to experience The Banner’s reporting! To download the app, click here.
• Make sure you’re not browsing in a private window. Find instructions on how to turn off private browsing in Safari , Chrome, or Firefox.
• Make sure you’ve enabled cookies in your browser. Find instructions on how to do this: Safari (macOS), Chrome and Firefox.
• Make sure that you’re opening The Banner in the full version of your browser. Some apps, like Twitter and Gmail, open links in a “light” browser within the app. This browser most usually will not retain your login information from previous sessions. Open links in the full version of your preferred browser to avoid this issue.
I’m logged in but still see the paywall.
Make sure that you’ve logged in using an account that has an active subscription. You can see the subscriptions associated with your account, as well as the current status, by going to My Account.
Managing Your Account
How do I change or reset my password?
• If already logged in: go to My Account and click the “Change password” link on the “Profile” tab.
• If not logged in: click “Log In” and then click the “I forgot my password” link.
How do I update my account information?
Log into thebaltimorebanner.com using the email address associated with your account, then go to https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/my-account/. Once you’ve updated your information, click the “Save Account Information” button.
I’m not receiving The Banner’s articles even though I’m subscribed.
As a digital news publication, The Banner publishes all of our stories on thebaltimorebanner.com and in the mobile app, both of which are updated 24/7. Simply log in anytime to read the latest articles.
If you haven’t already, subscribe to our newsletters and opt into mobile app notifications to stay up to date on breaking news.
How do I adjust my email preferences?
To change which types of email communications you receive from The Banner, click the “Update Email Preferences” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
How do I cancel my subscription?
Where can I check my subscription status?
You can check your current subscription status and renewal information by logging into our website and going to My Account. You should have also received a confirmation email on the day that you subscribed with information on your subscription terms and payment.
Can I purchase group subscriptions for my organization?
We’d love to help you bring The Banner to your team. To learn more about group licenses for 10 or more subscriptions, please contact email@example.com.
Is the app free?
The app is free to download, but you’ll need an account to read articles. You will be prompted to either create an account or login to an existing one when you open the app.
I can’t access articles in the app even though I’ve subscribed to The Banner.
Verify that you are logged into the app using an account with an active subscription (you may need to log out of the current session first).
Please note that only paid subscribers have full access to the app. If you have a free account but are not a subscriber, you will only be able to access one article per week. Click here to subscribe.
How do I contact the newsroom with a tip, feedback, correction to a story, etc.?
How do I learn more about advertising with The Banner?
Contact our advertising team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is The Banner’s mailing address?
The Baltimore Banner
621 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202